Running and growing a video life story business
This is part 2 of our interview with Mike O'Krent (listen to part 1 here). In this episode, you'll hear Mike talk about
- public speaking and how it can grow the public's awareness of our services. (Hint: Check out Toastmasters for improving your speaking skill and spreading the word about your services)
- the power of seeking out influential people and connectors in your community
- how to ask for referrals and virtual introductions (via email)
- how being humble can hurt—read Mike's article, "Being Humble is Nothing to Brag About"
- listening with your whole body (check out this TED Talk with Evelyn Glennie)
- speaking at family business programs
Mike's TEDx Talk
It wasn't easy, but Mike made his dream come true: After sending out over 60 pitches, he landed a spot on the TEDx stage in Wilmington. One of the key factors was enlisting the help of Taylor Conroy of The Idea Collective, a company that helps people "land the talk, do the talk, spread the talk."